Friday, March 13, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 9

Wow! So this week did not start as planned. That video presenting itself, unfortunately, did not surprise me. This is not to say that I think all frat or sorority people are racist. I just have been to a couple of these houses and have heard things I did not want to hear.

I am a firm believer of equality, but most importantly I believe in Christ. Now take a step back and think about what it really means to say that. To me that means to treat everyone as Jesus did, and to call on God in every aspect of your life. Well it actually encompasses so much more, but this is what I want to talk about right now. How can you call yourself a christian and then say or do things such as this? I really struggle with this question. Not that I am saying that if you make a mistake you aren't a christian. NO! NOT AT ALL. However, claiming to be a christian, a person needs to remember to love thy neighbors and to act like christ. Okay I am done ranting. This video has just hit me harder then I expected them too.

This week has also been hectic in school. I had so many quizzes and assignments due. Geesh, these teachers don't care about letting up, do they? :D But I did! And now it is time to celebrate!!!!

Finally! Spring break has arrived! I have been so busy this week trying to complete all of my work so that I can just relax the rest of the week. Well guess what! The time has finally come. I AM DONE! Yay!!!!! I hope every one has a great week, just relax and have some fun, but most importantly be safe! Happy vacationing yal!

(A photo of Oklahoma skies I took one year!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rachelle! This week was crazy! The whole video scandal and everything else was just chaotic. I am so glad we get to take break from school and just enjoy life for a week. I am also a believer in Christ and I believe that everyone was created equal. I hope this incident won't happen again at OU. Hope you have a good spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was definitely crazy at school. Midterms and that horrible video appearing made things far more hectic than usual. It is upsetting that happens at our school. I think DBo did a good job taking swift action. I hope you did well on your quizzes and assignments that you had due and I hope you enjoyed your spring break!

    ReplyDelete