Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Writing Review Week

When writing the storytelling posts I just tried to start getting my thoughts down so that I wouldn't get writers block or forget an idea that I had created in my head before it could hit the paper. I do think that the reading material is a bit time consuming, but I enjoy the story writing prompts. They are so helpful!

My most successful stories so far are the one about Ahalya and Hanuman's birth that I have put in my portfolio. I think that the professors comments are so helpful. I feel like they give me a good insight to different writing skills. I feel like since everyone writes differently there are always new things to learn from people reviewing your work.

(Image Source: Hanuman's heart by Palagiri)

I choose this image because I love Hanuman and he is so loyal to Rama and Sita. Loyalty is the greatest quality a person can possess. Although, I may be biased. This visual of Rama and Sita in the protection of Hanuman's heart is priceless and gives a visual to the emotions of Hanuman toward the two.

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of getting to read other people’s work. Everyone sees the story in such a different way and the storytelling posts are such a nice testimony to that. I very rarely write in other classes so it’s been different for me to get used to. Reading diaries are such a good way to keep track of thoughts and help guide us to a story. I haven’t read any of your stories yet, but I am sure they are great! I’ll have to look into them!

    ReplyDelete