Sunday, February 8, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 4

Well one more week done and one more step closer to finishing school! Wow, that may have freaked me out a little too much! So last week we started the storybook project and I already think I decided to do the wrong topic. I am always so indecisive. It's gonna be the death of me. I enjoyed writing more detailed author's notes this week because I felt like it reminded me of what I actually like in these novels, the women characters.

I love nice weather so I cannot wait to get these assignments done so I can go play with my dog at the park! When I was at church this morning, it gave me a really good message that I want to share. My pastor was talking about Jonas and the fish. He was reminding us to pray often and early, and once you prayed let that worry go and let God talk to the problem for you. This really spoke to me because recently I have been feeling a disconnect between an important person in my life and I have been fretting it. I feel like I can just release that worry to him and let him deal with it. He'll steer me right.

In my women and genders study class, we discussed this week about skin lighteners. I felt like this related to this class because the documentary we watched said that this was a popular trend of the Indian culture. I couldn't believe this. One thing that made it hard to believe is that being a white girl, I am always trying to get tan. In the summer, I look like a Mexican! It hit me hard because it felt like we are all trying to change our appearances into something we are not. Personally, I love the skin color of different races. I don't understand why everyone wants to be white. However, it stems from a system that benefits the white man. As if he is the only one that has all the power. I believe we all need to love our own skin, and embrace it. It is apart of who we are and the origin from where we come from. We need to join to together and embrace the differences of every person.


Image Source: Psalm 73:26

No comments:

Post a Comment