Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 3: Famous Last Words

This week has been a little draining. I hate when you get sick but still have all of these deadlines and still have to do stuff. I can' wait until I have a job with sick time so I can just sleep.

While finishing The Ramayana, I couldn't help but say, "Yay Rama!" I figured that Rama was going to conquer Ravana and get Sita, but I was anticipating the finale. I really enjoyed writing my story about Sita's point of view about her captured experience. It gave people an understanding of Sita waiting and praying Rama was coming. The Ramayana just told the story from Rama's experienced. I really enjoyed reading people's stories about Jatayu and Sampathi! They were my favorite animal characters in this book. Eagles are already thought of as so graceful, and these characters are a great demonstration of this quality. Animals have a strange way of showing people how to behave and treat each other.

In other news, my other classes are going along pretty well. I hate the weather changes though. I have two quizzes this week so that sucks. However, things could always be worse. I always just try to get through one week at a time. Just keeping my head down and getting through it. Time is starting to move too fast and graduation is getting closer and closer. I am trying to get all of this online work done so I can watch the Superbowl tonight in peace. I love watching football so it's going to be fun, but this day can be kind of sad in my world because that means I have to wait 6 months to be able to watch it again. Let the long off season arrive, and the boredom start. At least basketball can keep my mind of it. :) This probably makes me sound sports obsessed, but I guess I kind of am! Until next season. Hopefully our coaching staff is bringing their A game this spring.


(OU Stadium photographed by me)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachelle! I hope you are feeling better! Being sick and still having to drag your butt through classes and homework really does suck. I know all I want to do is sit in bed and throw myself a pity party. I love that you are staying optimistic, despite all the demands you have this week. I hope everything works out. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting sick also, but who doesn’t? I hope you get better, because it is hard to stay up with homework while not feeling so hot. I loved Sampathi and Jatayu also, they had such a great story, and some of our classmates really wrote good stories about them. I am a huge fan of football also, even though I am doing homework while watching it… I can’t wait for the Sooners next season to start! Nice picture of the field!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachelle! Sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon! Being sick so early during the semester when you are still trying to get hold of all your classes. And it's also unfortunate that you are have to study for quizzes while being sick. I hope you get better quickly, good luck with your classes! :)

    ReplyDelete