Sunday, February 15, 2015

Famous Last Words for Week 5

Another week! Well I guess I enjoy this Portfolio thing. It seems like a lot of work, and I am by no means trying to be a professional writer. However, I am positive all of this will improve my writing skills for the long run. This past week had some fantastic weather, and now it is cold again. So naturally I am mad again! Friday I went to this pub crawl with my friends that funded the Norman Music Festival and was able to wear a skirt and not be cold. That is so very annoying! I HATE COLDDDDD!

In other news, in my women and genders class, we watched a documentary called MissRepersentation. I highly recommend any one reading this check it out! It was about how women are portrayed in the media, and how damaging it can be to young girls to feel the need to maintain their standards in order to fit into society. The documentary was truly fascinating and I couldn't possibly tell you all about here, but it was awesome. Check it out!

In this class, I actually really enjoyed writing my storytelling this week. I created a bed time story out of the tale about Hanuman's birth. I love that little monkey. I wrote so much I almost had to reduce some of the words due to the limit. If you get a chance check it out and let me know what you think!

(My Valentine! photo by me)

Lastly, to be so cliche, I hope everyone had a great Valentine's day! Even if you don't have a significant other, I'm sure you have people around you that love and adore you. Those are the people that count! I know I ate too much candy and felt very loved! As always, the weekend is over and it's back to the gym for me! 

Good luck this week yal! One day at a time! 




1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved the weather last week! It really made for a great week! I am really hoping we get some ice and snow though tonight and tomorrow because I really want to be out of school! I just want a few days off with no school! I hope the pub crawl went well! I would like to try that sometime! I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete